12@1 number 1
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

12@1 number 1

wellcome to 12a1.Cong dong DLkt

Trang ChínhPortalGalleryTìm kiếmLatest imagesĐăng kýĐăng Nhập
Tìm kiếm

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Magdalene Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 pm

» Chase and Wells Fargo drop debit card fee tests; Bank of America set to adjust its plan
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Swinderman Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:21 am

» crazy Sư phạm kt
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby ¿kei? Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:16 am

» Cute cute na`
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby ¿kei? Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:06 am

» corelx3 moi nhat
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Admin Tue May 03, 2011 11:51 pm

» hjhjhj. zo koi dy
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Mr.T Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:33 am

» Héllô, hy`hy`
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Khách viếng thăm Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:38 am

» Tiểu Thư Bướng bỉnh Và Hoàng Tử Cố chấp
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby gianggiangonline Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:38 am

» lam sao day nhi?
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Khách viếng thăm Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 pm

» news dakglei
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Admin Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:44 am

» maj zoooooooooooo
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Mr.T Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 am

» vao day coi
Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeby Mr.T Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:06 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Diễn Đàn
 Thành viên
 Lý lịch
 Trợ giúp
 Tìm kiếm
Diễn Đàn

Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
Magdalene

Tổng số bài gửi : 1
Very good : 4952

Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope   Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 pm

First, Frank McCourt tried to buy his hometown Boston Red Sox. Then he sought the Anaheim Angels. Finally, in late 2003, McCourt, a land developer, triumphed: he and his wife, Jamie, bought the Los Angeles Dodgers for $430 million.
Now, after an ugly divorce, an angry battle with Major League Baseball and a decision to put the Dodgers into bankruptcy, McCourt on Tuesday night agreed during a meeting in his lawyers’ offices in Manhattan to sell the Dodgers in a process that will be supervised by a federal bankruptcy court judge.

“This is a swell day for Los Angeles,” Steve Lopez, a columnist for The Los Angeles Times, wrote Wednesday. “I don’t know who will step up and buy this team, but whoever it is can’t do worse. You could grab anyone off the street and get better results.”

The names of potential suitors are now surfacing for the tarnished marquee franchise. They include Mark Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, who tried to buy the Texas Rangers last year; Dennis Gilbert, a former player agent who bid for the Rangers; Ron Burkle, a billionaire supermcheap nfl jerseysarket mogul; and Alan Casden, a real estate investor who lost the bidding in 2003 to McCourt. Even former Dodgers like Orel Hershiser and Steve Garvey have voiced interest in stakes.

Robert Boland, a professor of sports business at New York University’s Tisch Center, said the bidding for the team, Dodger Stadium and other assets should start at $1 billion, which would exceed the Major League Baseball record of $845 million paid for the Chicago Cubs.

“This is one of the sports properties anyone looking to buy a team would want,” Boland said.

Robert Wuhl, the actor and sports talk-show host, said his discontent with the Dodgers grew after his season ticket costs doubled following a fourth-place finish in 2010.

“I didn’t re-up,” he said. “I didn’t go to one Dodgers game this season. I missed it. But I wasn’t going to give him another dime.”

Wuhl said some of the ill will against McCourt is “unfortunate,” because food and seating improved during his tenure, “but for a guy who owned parking lots, it was the toughest parking lot in the world to get out of.”
wholesale nfl jerseys
He added, “I think the people of L.A. are very happy now.”

McCourt, a trim, silver-haired man, bought the team from Rupert Murdoch’s Fox Entertainment Group, which had acquired it from the O’Malley family, the team’s owner for 47 years. Under the O’Malleys, the Dodgers won their first World Series in 1955 in Brooklyn — the club moved to Los Angeles in 1958 — and fielded teams that had stars like Roy Campanella, Duke Snider, Jackie Robinson, Pee Wee Reese, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and Mike Piazza.

They are one of the few iconic franchises in baseball, along with the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Cubs, and the St. Louis Cardinals. Players were raised to play the game “the Dodger Way.” Spring training was held at an old-fashioned camp in Vero Beach, Fla., and since 1962, the regular season has been played in Dodger Stadium, long considered a jewel of a sports palace.

McCourt took the team on a strange odyssey and challenged the loyalty of its fans.

He brought a small baseball pedigree with him; his grandfather owned a piece of the Boston Braves. McCourt’s Dodgers had decent on-field success. They played in the postseason four times, twice losing in the league division series and twice in the National League Championship Series. They finished fourth in the N.L. West in 2010 and third this past season, under the rookie manager Don Mattingly, with a record of 82-79.

But McCourt turned out to be a troublesome owner who incurred the wrath of Selig, who invoked the “best interests of baseball” in trying to get him to sell. McCourt bought the team entirely with debt, some of it financed by Fox. He added still more debt as the years passed.

Last April, as enmity rose between McCourt and baseball, Rob Manfred, an M.L.B. executive vice president, said: “There is no owner who, duriCheap NFL Jerseysng the period 2004 to 2011, that we’ve spent more time with on his business problems, his business issues and his desire to be treated differently under applicable rules, than Frank McCourt.”

If McCourt’s financial problems worried M.L.B. — the Dodgers have said that Selig approved how McCourt structured the team’s debt — then his divorce proved to be an embarrassment. Testimony revealed tales of the McCourts’ spending on a lavish lifestyle. Not only that, McCourt fired his wife as the team’s co-chief executive soon after she filed for divorce, citing insubordination and other charges.

Baseball asserts that McCourt siphoned $189 million from the team over seven years.

Now, the hostilities between McCourt and baseball appear to be mainly over, although the agreement reached to sell the team, under the bankruptcy court’s supervision, must still be approved by a judge. McCourt will hang around until a new owner emerges. But his eventual departure was greeted by the blog Mike Scioscia’s Tragic Illness with these words: “Rejoice! Our Dodger Spring has come.”http://my-w200.cdrom.tv/t5-agreeing-to-sell-mccourt-gives-dodgers-fans-hop
Về Đầu Trang Go down

Agreeing to Sell, McCourt Gives Dodgers Fans Hope
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang

Permissions in this forum:Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
12@1 number 1 :: Kho Truyện-
Chuyển đến